Yes and No. You cannot switch loan programs (fixed to adjustable), but if you have an adjustable rate HECM, you can change the payout options at any time for a $20 fee. For example, if you set up a line of credit, but later decided that you preferred a tenure payment, you could do that. You would call your servicer and they would be able to provide you with updated numbers.